Friday, August 18, 2023

Sewing plans

I am working on finishing my magazine project this week and planning for the binding to be ready to hand sew on Saturday at our Group meeting. So today I'm going to share some more of my Festival purchases.


Lizzie was very generous with my birthday presents - too generous IMHO so I had to start being sneaky so she couldn't offer to pay.

Labels from Srah Ashford's range at Home Bargains

A clapper from Modern Quilt Club. I have been encouraging (some would say nagging) Lia to get some made and she sold out at Festival.

Our first port of call on the first day and before the show was officially open, was to Rosenbergs and Lizzie bought me this pink hearts on navy viscose for the Wilder dress and bought another colourway of the same fabric for herself.

Lizzie also gifted me a ruler that I'd reserved with Modern Quilt Club but also purchased the show pin and a sewist pin for me. I need to put them on my pin pennant.



On the Saturday, Matt my son, once again, willingly ferried us to Guthrie and Ghani for some extracurricular shopping. I had seen the Cassie dress online so dashed into the Festival at 9am to pick up the pattern from emporia and returned later to buy the turquoise fabric.


I was quite restrained at Guthie and Ghani and purchased a metre of their own fabric in the pink, a tube turner and cream, a remnant of denim for a bag and was given an extra piece of fabric as the remnant qualified for an extra gift. The Kylie and the Machine tin for our labels was so tempting but I didn't give into temptation.


Sunday purchases included some Thermofax printing screens along with two more fabrics for the Cassie dress. More hearts from Rosenbergs and the pink and royal blue from Rainbow Fabrics.

I would be lying if I said that I was going on a spending freeze on my return from Festival, as I have made a few small orders. I treated myself to an Apple watch for my birthday and once I'd activated my card and mastered the double click, it is just too easy to spend with gay abandon. Next, I need to sew up some of my purchases.



No comments: