Monday, August 14, 2023

Monday Make - Gathering stitches



I am going to share our Festival of Quilts adventure over the next two weeks. I bought a lot!! We were fortunate enough to win tickets to the VIP area on the Sunday and as we were tired after three days of walking our feet off, we appreciated the place to rest, and we could drop off our purchases. My daughter Lizzie, brought a stitching project to work on.



I bought my supplies for this project from Peakside Needleworks.

I used Fibre on a Whim 32 count in the colour Cream and Sugar, Weeks Dye Works thread in the  colour Candy Apple and the pattern Gathering Stitches by Luminous Fibre Arts. I liked the pattern so much that I also bought a copy at the Festival. In my defence the first copy hadn't arrived before I left for the Festival. I am planning a red work wall in our kitchen.




 My husband is painting a frame with blackboard paint for me to frame this piece and there are three cream buttons to complete the piece.

No comments: