Monday, November 11, 2019

October finish 3

I am really pleased to have started and finished the Snowflake quilt by Modern Handcraft in October. I cut all of the squares and triangles on my accuquilt from my scrap bags initially and then from low volume and turquoise fat quarters. I then packed it up to sew at the Modern Quilt Club retreat in October, where I completed a few blocks.





The blocks are very quick to sew up as I had already sewn all of the HSTs. I soon had it pieced together and ready to quilt. I used a new to me digital pantograph called West Wind in Winter from My Creative Stitches. Abigail of Cut & Alter had used this pantograph on a winter quilt for a customer and I immediately went and purchased along with the chevron design I used on the cushion made at retreat.


I had the perfect backing in stash which I widescreen by Carolyn Friedlander and I also used it for the binding.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I love this quilt and how it's so scrappy.