Friday, May 17, 2019

trinket by Alison Glass

The sewalong for the Trinket pattern by Alison Glass finishes today and I am thrilled to have a finished quilt. I am looking forward to receiving the pin that Alison is awarding to everyone who has a finished quilt top on Instagram by today and has submitted their details by email.


I purchased the pdf pattern from the Alison Glass website as I am not a patient person and it was the right decision as the printed pattern wasn't printed to the correct size. I printed out a control sheet and two of each pattern. I did sew ahead as the little patterns were so addictive and the earlier patterns were a very quick make.


I joined in the sew day which coincided with the JMQG rainbow retreat and pieced four blocks on the day which were prepped ready to go and sewed together the top at about 11pm that evening. I was the last to bed which is very unusual but I was determined to finish. It wasn't pressed but it was finished. Later I added a border of the onyx grunge by Basic Grey for Moda which I also used for the backing.


 I quilted the top on my long arm with a swirly pattern in a dark blue thread as I didn't have black.


I did debate whether to add a rainbow slither between the binding and the top, but the Instagram advice was to "just bind it"


I am pleased with the quilt top but the sew day was a bit of a let down. There was no focus and perhaps the bonus block would have been better released on the day before the sew day. Once I have taken it to our group's show and tell, I will hang it on the wall.


1 comment:

Sew of Course said...

I have loved seeing the different versions of this QAL coming together on IG, I'm sure I wouldn't have stayed the course myself. I love the colours you've used! And to finish within the time frame, too, well done!
Thank you for participating in the FAL and congratulations on a great finish!