Sunday, May 12, 2019

#The100dayproject day 40

I am still making progress on this project and I am delighted to have move on from pinks to greens. I never thought that I would ever say that as I am not lover of green or brown for that matter. Up until now I have had 10 packets ready containing the elements of one block in each packet. this system has worked well but I feel that this week I need to cut out all of the hexagons ready to glue baste as needed. Most of the plain colours are cut as it take just a few minutes to cut them on my sizzix machine but fussy cutting the pom pom fabric with the circles perfectly centred takes much longer.




I still need to sew together more sections to release the freezer paper hexagons to reuse them. I may have to cut more though as I need some packets fully prepped to take on holiday at the end of May. I will mainly sew during the long flights.



Here is where I am today. I have completed 35 blocks and they look like this on my design wall.

No comments: