Monday, March 11, 2019

Quilters Planner BOM 2019 finished

I did propose that I would finish this before the Trinket sewalong started and that starts tomorrow, so I call that a result. Though I have half finished my blocks for the sewalong. Just don't tell anyone.

It is a very windy day here today so this is not the best of photographs but I wanted to share this project with you whilst we are in Iceland. The blocks are to be completed every month, sometimes one block, but mostly two a month.


I spent a couple of days making the blocks and focussing on only this project and I am amazed that it came together so quickly. I usually underestimate the amount of background that I need and have to reorder but I have a whole bolt of this white Kona, so that helped.


The layout of the blocks is designed to look like a snowflake so I chose a snowflake design with swirls and a white thread.


I chose a red and white stripe from Riley Blake for the binding which looks great. The backing was what I had to hand and picks out the navy in some of the locks. A bit random but you generally only see one side of the quilt at a time. And I'm sticking to that rationale.

No comments: