Monday, January 01, 2024

January 2024 plans


Looking forward into 2024, my plans are very fluid and vague, which is unlike me. I have two local and three Modern Quilt Club retreats booked as well as a birthday trip to the Festival of Quilts in August. Thos trips will give structure to the year but also, I need to plan what to take to those retreats. I have signed up for the 2024 Folk Sampler with Art East Quilting which is released as one block per week, or you can do two. I assume doing two blocks a week involves doing the mirror image of the released block. Once cut out these make good retreat projects and there's something satisfying in all retreat finishes, however small.

The clam shell quilt I cut at the last retreat needs to be prepped and it will be a good project for the Jersey retreat in February.



I have a lap quilt already pieced from these Ruby Star fabrics and I'm waiting for the backing and binding to arrive from a Christmas sale.

I will have one UFO to finish each month from our Jersey Modern Quilt Group UFO challenge. I'm hoping the sneakers aren't chosen for January. Additionally, I'd like to make one item of clothing and two cross stitches each month. I have lots of cross stitch pieces that are finished but not framed or ready to display so I think three fully finished pieces each month should be achievable. 



No comments: