Friday, March 04, 2022

Monday Make - otterly adorable



The pattern for Otterly Adorable is in the book Applique - the Sew Quirky Way. You may remember the other Sew Quirky pattern that I've sewn which was the cow on the recycled jacket. I hadn't planned to work on this in February but I did some prep at retreat. On Monday, I started picking fabrics which is the hardest part of these projects. 


Once pieces had been prepped and ironed onto the aqua speckled linen by Robert Kaufman purchased from Sew Hot, it was time to get out the Aurifil stash and start testing out some of the new stitch patterns on my Janome Atelier 7.


I was surprised at how quickly the project came together. Instead of using small slivers of felt for the claws, I used a satin stitch. I trimmed the project to 16.5" square and stitched it onto a matching square of navy fabric to cover the stitching.


Of course I used poppers on the back!! Hopefully this cushion will look great in my daughter's new apartment. But first I'm entering it into our local Creative Arts Eisteddfod.





No comments: