Monday, August 17, 2020

Monday make - Star stream


Last week's WIP is now a finished baby quilt. This is a sewalong for the Sewing Shindig using a pattern by Sally Davies (@chasing.tigers). I have used my Tula Pink stash for the fussy cut centres of each star and what I thought was Kona Ash for the background. Turns out it's probably a mix of Kona ash and Robert Kaufman silver leftover from my Violet Craft lion. I only needed to buy a little more background t add a 2" border around the whole quilt. The solids were mostly from my Hex on the Beach quilt which hadn't been put away. I need to tidy my basket of solids next but I am avoiding that task!!

The backing is a little random but I went through my stash of backings which were measured and bagged up with a label showing the size of the piece and this piece was the perfect size, so I went with it. The binding is also from stash is a rainbow gradient.

Having finished this project, I rewarded myself with a new project which I could finish in a day. More on that on Wednesday.



No comments: