Friday, August 21, 2020

Freebie Friday - scrappy summer sewalong

 You know I love a good sewalong, add a rainbow scrappy quilt into the mix and I signed up toute suite. The #scrappysummersewalong2020 is a free pattern by The Home body  Last week was week 1 and we had to show off our scraps. Tick. They are all pressed and in bags sorted by colour. My planning was limited to deciding to do low volume scrappy backgrounds and a rainbow of crosses.

So far I've cut all of the low volume fabrics, 484 2" squares and just a few coloured squares to sew up each day as prep is always so tedious and I need to do some sewing to feel like progress is being made. Can you do all of the prep before starting to sew a new project? I don't have the self control.


Next I need to work out how many squares of each colour I need to cut so I am ready for week 3 which is sewing up 41 units. I have 20 already sewn as I have been sewing four each day as leaders and enders for another project.


No comments: