Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Time to make some plans

 


It is fair to say that the time to plan the size of blocks needed for my ladder quilt would have been before requesting the blocks. I now realise I can only fit a few 12" blocks into the ladder quilt.

I now have a plan and have made two 6" woven stars to add to the blocks sewn by friends, and I need to make four 9" star blocks to complete the project. My plan is to make two Ohio stars and two other stars.


I also have sufficient blocks to make a quilt to donate to Quilts for Care leavers. I have two blocks still to come, and I made one further star to make a 4 by 6 block quilt which fits the charity's guidelines. It would be nice to finish these over the next week, as my next customer quilt is delayed and I'm currently quilting a Halloween quilt for my daughter. Then I might have time to quilt these next. I need to look through my stash of backing fabrics to see if I have anything suitable.

No comments: