Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Liminal quilt BOM

 

I decided to treat myself to an annual subscription to Love Patchwork and Quilting and a kit from A Beautiful Thing to make Jo Avery's Liminal quilt. I had hoped to stitch the first block at the Modern Quilt Club retreat on 17 July but the kit arrived as we pulled out of the garage to head to the airport, so I left it behind.

There was no colour key in either the kit or the magazine, so my first task was to make my own colour key. Then I matched the colour key with the fabric, labelled the fabrics with my homemade alphabet pins and cut a swatch from the fabric which I stuck to the colour key. 



The magazine arrived last week with the instructions for month 2, so I decided to start with month 2 as it looked easier than the block for month 1. I made a couple of cutting mistakes, but I stitched up the blocks this morning. 

Perhaps I'll attempt month 1 this weekend which will be easier now that I have all of the fabrics labelled.

No comments: