Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday finish - Zip n Grip bag


Lizzie chose the Zip n Grip for us both to work on at the Modern Quilt Club retreat in March. The designer, Sew yours estimates that you can make this in four hours including the cutting out. I have spent mor like fourteen hours on the project and it very nearly defeated me. Lizzie finished hers in a day at retreat, whereas I put mine aside.


I did find the perfect binding in my stash for binding the base. I bought it in Glasgow from Fabric Bazaar because I'd never seen two colour binding before. There were mounted policemen near the store which intrigued us. There was a match that day between the two biggest Glasgow football teams - Rangers and Celtic. The shop was located near the stadium for one of the teams but the game was being played away and the team local to the shop had won. 


I am very pleased to have this finished, now I need to work on quilting a customer quilt.






No comments: