Monday, February 27, 2023

Monday make - Dreaming Queen Bee





I started this piece last week and have been steadily working on it since I found out that I had completed the wrong project for our JMQG UFO challenge.

This is Dreaming Queen Bee by Barbara Ana Designs for PNPS Magazine Spring 2022 edition. It is stitched on 32 count Belfast linen raw white spots using all of the DMC threads listed for the project.


I store my DMC flosses on these thread drops from Pip n Chip They have definitely helped me organise my threads and I now have a small box of duplicated threads to be used when I run out of a colour.

I used a charity shop denim frame to finish the piece. I think it might benefit from a couple of small bee buttons on the frame to tie in the frame to the piece. This was the real February UFO challenge piece so I now have two days to work on something else. I might start Mad for Plaid.

No comments: