Wednesday, June 17, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Rainbow Dreams baby quilt sewalong


It's Wednesday? Really? I am enjoying a day off from swimming with my sister today as the weather forecast wasn't good. Over the last two days we've done the two bays (Portelet and Beauport) that are quite a steep climb back up the footpath to the car. We are so lucky to live on such a beautiful island.


Do you ever buy a book and then make nothing from the book. I bought Paula Steel's book Modern Rainbow Patchwork Quilts soon after it's release. Rainbows - what's not to like! It has been well read and put on my night stand. Paula recently announced a sewalong starting on 26 June for a simple baby quilt. Just what I need during these unsettling times - a simple project.


I decided to pull out the remainder of my Elizabeth Hartman FQ stack as it has yellow, pink, orange, green, blue and turquoise in it. Though I had forgotten that I had used many of the fabrics in my #Scrapbagsampler project.


I did however find a fat eighth of four Elizabeth Hartman fabrics, though some of them won't be suitable for strip piecing the blocks. The red fabric was from my scrap bags and the other three colours were from my prize from Pink Door fabrics.


Next I needed two background fabrics. I have lots of big scraps of the Carolyn Friedlander grey screen as I have had at least two bolts of the extra wide fabric for backings and the rainbow stars I used in my recent Stitch On banner by @happysewlucky.



 Tempting though it was to start cutting and sewing, the book and fabrics have now been put in a bag and stored ready for the start of the sewalong.






No comments: