Monday, April 15, 2019

April BOM progress

The Quilter's Planner BOM quilt is now finished and I was delighted to be randomly chosen as one of the March winners of a $50 gift voucher. I think it may be spent on Alison Glass's holiday range which is released in June.

1. 2019 Perfect HST BOM Block-of-the-Month program with Freshly Pieced
This is released on the first Monday of each month and I have completed the April block.  They are looking good and each month you make extra units for following months. There ae also units for a bonus project which I am not making until I see what the project is.




2. Threadology with Fat Quarter Shop
I have decided to use plain white for the background which I have in stash along with Ombre Confetti by V & Co (also in stash). I am starting to run out of some ombre colours so I will either substitute or look to buy a few whilst at the Quilt show in Nantes after Easter. I am up to date with these blocks and the next block is released today. That will be block 6 of 8.







3. Quiet Play Pattern Club
I have made a little progress on this project but as the fourth month has now been released, I am falling further behind.




I have completed three block out of 12 and need to focus on this project once I have my Trinkets quilt top on my machine for quilting.

4. The Quilter's Planner BOM

This is finished and can come off my WIP list which is pleasing. The striped red and white binding picks out the red from the quilt as well as the navy and white striped fabric used in the blocks.



5. Trinket SAL
I have almost completed the quilt top for this sewalong and the blocks were fun. I think we posted block 25 of 40 last Friday. The sew day coincided with our local retreat so we had a fun Facetime with the designer Alison Glass. Four of us on the retreat participated by I think it would have been more successful for Alison if specific challenges or a bonus block had been issued for the day. I am basing this on the 120+ posts with the trinketsewday hashtag on the day when over 1,000 are participating in the sewalong Facebook group.






This week I need to focus on finishing my TrinketSAL quilt which just needs two plain borders to be attached and then quilted. I was lucky that my husband was happy to pick up the backing from Crafty Quilters for me on a trip into tow on Saturday. That is on my ironing board ready to be pressed and starched. there is also block 6 of the Threadology quilt to sew up. And then I can focus on my Quietplay BOM.








No comments: