This is Running with Scissors by By Annie in Tula Pink's grey work. I quilted the fabric on my Janome Atelier 7 with no marking. I just eyeballed the middle of each dot and it has worked out quite well.
This is not a difficult pattern but unusually I didn't precut all of the components and that turned out to be unwise. The stitching of all of the pockets for your tools took longer than expected. I took the project to the Modern Quilt Club July retreat but I wasn't getting along with the machine so it ended up coming home incomplete.

A couple of hours spent sewing and chatting with my daughter, Lizzie and it was ready to bind. There are so many layers to bind that I managed to break a needle and a needle threader, I also mislaid my jar of hand stitching thimbles, needles and scissors. That necessitated buying a metal thimble even though I prefer the Clover silicon thimbles.

Just before going on retreat, I noticed that Minki Kim has specific labels for finishing a zipper end. Inspired by this new idea, I sandwiched the zipper end between two identical labels from Sew Quirky. I should have used some basting tape and the stitching could be neater on the label, but finished is better than perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment